Soon before arriving at Santa Eulària des Riu, it is advisable to take the roundabout in the direction of Sant Carles and leave the car in the parking lot on the right. A road on the right will lead us into the ascent to Puig de Missa
From Eivissa, taking the road to Sant Antoni, we fins a turn off on the right leading into the parish of Puig d'en Valls where we can visit the most lovely flour mill dating from 1791. The Consell Insular purchased it in 1992 and restored both the inside machinery and the sails. Returning to the city of Eivissa, we take the direction of Talamanca where we will find a turn off on the left soon after the disco Pachá. There starts the path of ses Feixes located in the Prat de ses Monges, a marsh where entrance gateways or 'portals de feixa' must be emphasized.
These lead into areas used for growing until not so much ago. When finishing this journey, we find the road of Jesús that leads us into the urban centre of this parish, where we will see the Church and the retable of Mother of God, a Renaissance masterpiece of great artistic-historic value, made in a workshop in Valencia in 1498. After visiting the temple, we take the road of Jesús until reaching the road to Santa Eulària.
Soon before arriving at this village, it is advisable to take the roundabout in the direction of Sant Carles and leave the car in the parking lot on the right. A road on the right will lead us into the ascent to Puig de Missa, on the summit of which we find the Church. The ascent to this 52 meter hill boasts very beautiful views overlooking the city and the coastline. The temple, built between the 16th and 17th centuries, has severals chapels; its high altar is a work by sculptor Farreras in the churrigeresque style, with an image of Santa Eulària dating from 1940. The Museum Barrau -located in the former house of the painter Laureano Barrau, where he lived in the island for 47years- is also worthwhile visiting.
In the Puig de Missa we should not miss the visit to the Ethnography Museum of Eivissa, located in the old peasant house of Can Ros, where traditions and farm work, the rooms in a traditional Pitiusa house, the traditional costume and jewellery, and also instruments and old furnitiure are shown. Taking the road again, at about six kilometers away from Santa Eulària, we find Sant Carles, a small village where the church that started to be builf in the 19th century is located. The arch and savine beams are remarkable. Next to the temple is the bar Can n'Anneta, were we cannot miss the herb's spirit and the flaó (a typical cake in Eivissa).
At three kilometers distance from Sant Carles in the direction of es Pou des Lleó, there is a traditional pier of fishing boats where we can park our car to continue on foot up to the tower Torre d'en Valls or of Campanitx. This is one of the defence towers built in the 18th century, and has a great beauty. From there we can contemplate an astonishing view of the coastline and of the islet of Tagomago, a former shelter for pirates. On the way back, taking a turn off on the right in the road from Santa Eulària to Eivissa we can stop for food and shelter at Santa Gertrudis, a small but very lively village thanks to its bars and pavement cafès, where we can visit the small and simple church, consecrated in 1796. It has a peculiar L-shaped floor plan.