search

CHURCH OF SANT MIQUEL


IMPORTANT INFORMATION

The first church in Sant Miquel was a simple chapel that was built in the fourteenth century. However, the building complex contemplated today it was built in stages

The first church in Sant Miquel was a simple chapel that was built in the fourteenth century. However, the building complex contemplated today it was built in stages. In the late seventeenth century it was expanded with two Fondes chapels. Which occupies the side of noon is the chapel of Benirràs, dedicated to the Holy Name of Jesus, which was completed in 1690 and, due to its striking floral decoration, is also known as the Chapel Pintada.


Miquel


Precisely in the paintings Chapel Benirràs are shown the names of the main characters of the time, the president Bartomeu Orvai the laborers Antoni Planells Jurat and Bartomeu Celleràs. The other fonda chapel is the chapel of Rubio, in contrast to the Benirràs per share from the north. Feature historical texts in 1691, when it was built the first, the bishop Josep Mora, visitors to the church, considered appropriate to other similarly dedicated to the worship of the Virgin.


SCHEDULE Mass schedule Fall - Winter: Saturdays: 18: 30h, Sunday: 10: 30h. Mass schedule in spring - summer: Saturdays: 20: 00h Sunday: 10: 30h